WordReference English Collocations © 2020
jackⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [headphone, Ethernet, telephone] jack
- cards: the jack of [diamonds, hearts, clubs, spades]
- cards: [a pair of, three] jacks
- is a jack-of-all-trades
- a game of jacks
- a jack-in-the-box
- the Union Jack (flag)
- a [car, truck, wheel, tire] jack
- pump up the jack
- let the jack down
- [placed, put] the jack under the [car]
- UK, idiom: every man jack of them
- slang: I can't [see, read, understand] jack!
- slang, offensive: I can't [see] jack shit!
- slang: that doesn't mean jack to me!
- slang: I don't know jack about
- UK, slang: I'm [all right, alright], Jack!
- UK: the jack in lawn bowling
- UK: the bowling jack
- jack (up) a [car, wheel, trunk]
- jack it up [on the highway, in the driveway]
- jack into a [computer, speakers, device, screen]
- jack the [microphone, device, lead] into the [computer]
- jack up [interest rates, prices, your efforts]
- jack [interest rates] up
- jacked him up in the [fight, game, competition]
- jacked [him, his coworkers, her friends] around
- is [always, constantly] jacking him around
- UK: jack [it, it all, your job] in
- sexually explicit: jack off [in bed, in public, to a porno]
- jack up [crack, heroine, meth]
- [buy, use, need] a jack plug
'jack' also found in these entries: