- Inflections of 'isolate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
isolate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- isolate [yourself, dangerous prisoners, people, communities]
- isolate the [town, city, area]
- isolated by [floods, the hurricane, an earthquake]
- isolated by [the government, officers, the army, the enemy]
- isolated to [avoid, ensure, prevent, secure]
- isolated in a [cell, cubicle, room]
- isolate him from [others, each other, the population, the rest, civilization]
- keep them isolated from [others]
- isolate yourself from [the rest of the world, reality]
- [dangerous prisoners] have been isolated (from)
- isolate (the) [information, factors, data, problem]
- isolate [information] by [using, filtering, analyzing, studying]
- isolate the cause of the [symptoms, reaction, conflict]
- isolate [components, materials] by [screening, heating, cooling, centrifuging]
- isolate and [filter, purify, extract]
- isolate the [virus, strain]
- has become a social isolate
- biology: [clinical, molecular, bacterial] isolates
- an isolate of soy [flour, milk, beans]