WordReference English Collocations © 2020
invitationⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- by invitation only
- at the invitation of the [chef, director, organizer, host]
- didn't get an invitation
- did you get your invitation?
- have you sent out the invitations?
- we've sent out  invitations
- a [party, wedding, dinner] invitation
- an invitation to the [party]
- respond to the [wedding] invitation
- an invitation to [attend, participate]
- extend an invitation to
- your invitation must have gotten lost in the mail
- received a special invitation to
- have an open invitation (to)
- accepted the invitation to [speak, present, attend]
- turned down the invitation to [speak]
- admission by invitation only
- is an invitation [for trouble, to get robbed]
- an invitation letter
'invitation' also found in these entries: