- Inflections of 'intermediate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
intermediate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [plays, works, performs, competes] at an intermediate level
- at [upper, lower] intermediate level
- intermediate-level [English]
- intermediate levels of
- intermediate to advanced [users, skill levels]
- for intermediate [Spanish] students
- is studying intermediate [Spanish, algebra]
- is at an intermediate [phase, stage]
- intermediate between [liquid and solid, protein and mineral]
- [photography, programming, Spanish] for intermediates
- courses for intermediates
- chemistry: is a [reaction, synthesis] intermediate
'intermediate' also found in these entries: