WordReference English Collocations © 2020
insaneⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- an insane [person, patient]
- was found to be (clinically) insane
- was [judged, declared, pronounced] insane (by)
- was considered (to be) insane in her time
- Have you gone (totally) insane?
- are you insane!
- you're insane if you [think, believe] that
- would have to be insane to [try, attempt, believe]
- is insane enough to [try]
- is prone to insane [actions, behavior]
- that's [totally, completely] insane!
- an insane plan to [get, overthrow, rob, steal]
- [sentenced to, check in at] an insane asylum
- have made insane [progress, improvements] on
- that [movie, scene] was insane
- insane [video clips, photos]
- dated: the [criminally, mentally] insane
- dated: [a facility, an institute, an asylum] for the insane
- dated: could only be [done, thought] by the insane
'insane' also found in these entries: