- Inflections of 'inlet' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
inlet ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- a [narrow, long, shallow] inlet
- the inlet of the [sea, river, lake]
- the [river] inlet
- a [drainage, pipe, power, fuel] inlet
- the [boat, barge] navigated [into, out of] the inlet
- passed through the inlet between
- [bathing, sunbathing] at the inlet
- [dirt, gravel, blockages] in the engine inlet
- an inlet [pipe, valve]
- inlet a [rifle stock, gunstock]
'inlet' also found in these entries: