WordReference English Collocations © 2020
importanceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- do you understand the importance of...?
- the importance of your [words, actions, decision]
- the importance of [having, being]
- the importance of being [earnest, kind, punctual, open-minded]
- [don't, never] underestimate the importance of
- are giving [it] too much importance
- why are you giving [it] so much importance?
- don't put so much importance on [it]
- it is of the utmost importance that you
- [underestimated, failed to realize] the importance (of the decision)
- attached a great deal of importance (to)
- the importance of [a good diet, getting exercise]
- am trying to explain the importance to you
- has strategic importance
- is of [vital, particular, paramount] importance to
- [it] is of no importance
- [it] is not of any particular importance
- is a matter of [extreme, increasing, utmost] importance
- has taken on more importance [following, since, after]
'importance' also found in these entries:
accord - acknowledge - alive - appreciate - articulate - attach - chief - considerable - diminish - drill - dwarf - dwindle - emphasize - evidence - grasp - growing - highlight - illustrate - impress - lesser - outweigh - overriding - paramount - particular - pivotal - play - preach - primarily - rapport - realize - recognize - reflect - register - relative - remind - reporting - sense - signal - significant - sink - stress - supersede - thrift - tout - trumpet - underline - underscore - understand - utmost - vital