- Inflections of 'illustrate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
illustrate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the book is illustrated by
- illustrate a [book, booklet, guide]
- illustrated with photos
- illustrate [my point, it] with examples
- let me illustrate [my point] with an example
- here's an example to illustrate [my point]
- which is illustrated in the [above, below, following] [chart, graph, image]
- illustrate the point (by)
- illustrate the importance of
- served to illustrate the importance of
- illustrate the need for
- illustrate how to
- illustrate that there are
- to illustrate my concerns
- illustrate and [explain, support, clarify, describe]
- (in order) to illustrate my point, I will
- to illustrate the various applications of
- the results illustrate [how, what, that]
- is illustrated by the results
- further illustrates [how]
- clearly illustrates [how]
- illustrate exactly [how]
- illustrates a [trend, shift] towards
'illustrate' also found in these entries: