WordReference English Collocations © 2020
idiomⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [a common, an old, a popular] idiom
- an [English] idiom
- an idiom in [English]
- is one of my favorite idioms
- an idiom that means...
- an idiom meaning...
- is that some kind of an idiom?
- don't know that idiom
- doesn't [really, quite] understand the idiom
- learn (all of) the idioms in [English]
- use idioms to learn (English)
- uses [too many, a lot of] idioms
- tries to use [too many] idioms
- idioms with [body parts, food]
- a [book, dictionary] of idioms
- is part of [scientific, cultural] idiom
- musical idioms
- the modern [rock, jazz] idiom
'idiom' also found in these entries:
Irish - armor - barge - bark - bat - bath - bead - bean - beating - bee - beggar - bell - bet - beware - bidding - blast - bleed - blender - blessing - blink - bliss - boil - bolt - bone - bothered - brass - brick - burst - bust - candle - card - carpet - carrot - cart - caution - cave - chapter - cheek - cherry - chip - choir - churn - circle - cloth - coffin - coin - contempt - cradle - crumble - curtain