Inflections of 'housewife' (nnoun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc.): nplplural noun: Noun always used in plural form--for example, "jeans," "scissors.": housewives
- Inflections of 'housewife' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
housewife ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- she [makes, is] a good housewife
- just want a good housewife
- is a stay-at-home housewife
- is not your typical housewife
- is not the kind of woman to be a housewife
- image of the modern housewife
- a mother and a housewife
- women don't just have to be housewives
- you don't have to be just a housewife
- is [bored with, sick of, fed up with] being (just) a housewife
- takes pride in being a housewife
- other than a housewife, she's also (a business owner)
- not only a housewife, but also