WordReference English Collocations © 2020
horrorⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- horror on the faces of
- the horror on his face
- with a look of horror on his face
- the horror of his [death, accident]
- the horrors of war
- still [plagued, consumed] by the horrors
- [screamed, yelled] in horror
- watched in horror [as, when]
- oh, the horror!
- to the horror of the [parents, students, teachers]
- to her horror she [realized, found, came across]
- informal: her son is a little horror!
'horror' also found in these entries: