WordReference English Collocations © 2020
hootⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- an owl's hoot
- heard a hoot come from the [trees, forest]
- heard a hoot in the night
- heard hoots of laughter (coming from)
- broke into hoots of laughter
- brought hoots of laughter from the [audience, crowd]
- the hoot of the [siren, horn, steam train]
- slang: he's always such a hoot!
- slang: the [movie, party] was a real hoot!
- slang: what a hoot!
- slang: I couldn't give two hoots!
- slang: I don't care a hoot about [what, why]
'hoot' also found in these entries: