WordReference English Collocations © 2020
holidayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [federal, work, bank, religious, national] holiday
- UK: a [one, two, three] -week holiday
- UK: a [package, backpacking, luxury] holiday
- UK: [for, over] the [Christmas, summer, Easter] holiday
- happy holidays!
- [for] the [Christmas] holidays
- UK: go on holiday in [France]
- UK: take a holiday in [France]
- UK: am taking [five days'] holiday
- UK: am going on holiday [tomorrow, for a week]
- UK: is away on holiday
- UK: where are you going for the (summer) holidays?
- UK: have already booked our holiday (in)
- UK: had [fun, a great time] on holiday
- had fun over the holidays
- UK: this is [work, school], not a holiday!
- a holiday [party, vacation]
- go on a holiday getaway
- UK: have a holiday home in
- UK: a (popular) holiday [resort, destination, place]
- holiday gift ideas
- [during, for] the holiday season
- UK: she holidays in [Hawaii, France]
- UK: holidaying in a [resort, caravan]
- UK: holidaying with (your) [friends, family]
- UK: (to) holiday in the [winter, summer]
'holiday' also found in these entries: