WordReference English Collocations © 2020
he ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- whatever he [wants, says, thinks]
- what did he [say, tell you]?
- do you know where he is (going)?
- he [likes, prefers, hates]
- he doesn't like [chocolate, soccer, heavy metal]
- what does he know (anyway)?
- he is my [hero, role model]
- he [went, said, did]
- he is [my best friend, so cute, amazing]
- do whatever he [says, tells you]
- I'm sure he didn't [mean, intend] to
- did you [see, hear] what he did?
- I told you he [could, would, should]
- [John] just said he would [go, rather, try]
- he would go [crazy, mad, nuts] if you
- can't [believe, imagine] that he [said, went, did]
- he [works, studies, volunteers] at
- would like to know what he [thinks, has to say]
- I see that he [finished, left, goes, does]
- he's already [seen, done, finished] it
- that is exactly what he [said, meant]
- is what he would have wanted
- yes, what he said!
- he [seems, appears, looks] upset
n as adj
- my [dog, cat] is a he
- [are they, is it] a he or a she?
- look, it's a he!
- a he- [dog, cat, goat]
'he' also found in these entries: