WordReference English Collocations © 2020
hallⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [pictures, paintings] (hanging) in the hall
- the [bathroom, bedroom] is just down the hall (and on the right)
- the [room, dorm] just down the hall from me
- the [fuse, switch] box is in the hall
- a [narrow, long, wide] hall
- a [beautiful, grand, large] entrance hall
- take this hall to get to
- just at the end of this hall
- [walking, strolling] down the hall
- no running in the hall!
- [hanging out, talking] in the hall
- the hall was [closed, roped off] (for)
- a [dance, reception, banquet, concert] hall
- go to the city hall to [ask about, pay for, get, apply for]
- is in the hall of fame (of)
- the [rock and roll, team's] hall of fame
- was inducted into the hall of fame
- is a hall of famer
- UK: lives in the halls of residence
- is this [week's] hall monitor
- can I see your hall pass?
- where is your hall pass?
'hall' also found in these entries:
alive - around - audience - baseball - bowl - bustle - career - chandelier - church - city - concert - contact - convention - coordinator - crashed - deck - direct - down - duck - echo - empty - encounter - exhibit - fame - fetch - filled - flask - forward - foyer - full - immediately - inception - induction - issue - lavish - lead - leaflet - lecture - marry - mess - mirror - mobile - monitor - most - narrow - noisy - packed - permit - protest - pull