WordReference English Collocations © 2020
guiltyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- guilty of [rape, murder, fraud, homicide]
- [defendant, suspect] was guilty
- pleaded (not) guilty to [murder]
- [found, proven] guilty of [murder, murdering]
- guilty as charged
- guilty of [violating, breaching] the [law, contract]
- guilty beyond [any, all] reasonable doubt
- guilty by [reason, suspicion, association]
- innocent until proven guilty
- a guilty [charge, plea, verdict]
- guilty [thoughts, feelings]
- a guilty [look, gesture, expression]
- have a guilty conscience
- is my guilty [pleasure, secret]
- feel guilty about not [going, saying anything, telling her]
- feel guilty for not [going]
- feels guilty about what she [did, said, wrote]
- feels guilty about his (good) [fortune, luck, results]
- don't (try to) make me feel guilty!
- why am I always the guilty one?
- [looks, seems] very guilty (to me)!
'guilty' also found in these entries:
abuse - admit - alike - appeal - appear - appropriate - arson - association - blackmail - breach - charged - child - conscience - copyright - count - court - crime - culprit - defendant - degree - driving - engage - enhancement - eye - feel - felony - fence - fiddle - find - food - forgery - fraud - funnel - groom - handle - increasingly - innocent - judge - jury - kidnap - knowing - lesser - manslaughter - mislead - misuse - murder - obviously - plea - presume - prove