WordReference English Collocations © 2020
guiltⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- can't live with the guilt (anymore)!
- can't take the guilt (anymore)!
- the guilt is killing me!
- am full of guilt over
- the guilt of [having, being, causing]
- guilt for [having]
- guilt and [shame, fear, depression, remorse]
- the guilt is overwhelming (me)
- is [consumed, overwhelmed, overwrought] by guilt
- this guilt is unbearable!
- seems to not feel guilt
- did [it] without (feeling) guilt
- the feeling of guilt (when)
- his guilt was [established, proven]
- [confess, admit] your guilt
- admitted his guilt in the [robbery, theft]
- prove the [suspect's, defendant's] guilt
- proved his guilt beyond reasonable doubt
- the guilt that you had in the [making, planning] (of)
- the guilt lies [firmly, squarely] with
- sent him on a guilt trip [over, about]
- guilt-free [dessert, dining]
- am still in the guilt phase
'guilt' also found in these entries:
admission - admit - attack - attest - burden - chase - claim - clear - complex - concrete - confess - conscience - conscious - consume - creeping - determination - feeling - fleeting - inference - kernel - laden - ladle - live - numb - overcome - overwhelm - overwhelmed - passing - plague - purge - rack - remorse - rid - riddle - shadow - shoulder - shred - stab - statement - suggestions - tainted - twitch - wave - whisper - witness - wrestle