WordReference English Collocations © 2020
gruntⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- slang: get over here, you little grunt!
- slang: come here, you little grunt!
- slang: get out of here, you little grunt!
- slang: what do you think you're doing, you little grunt?
- slang: you are nothing but a grunt!
- heard a grunt come from the [crowd, audience]
- gave a grunt as she served
- was a grunt in the [crowd]
- uttered a grunt of [pain, effort]
- just [answered, acknowledged] with a grunt
- the grunts of the [pigs, swine, animals]
- works as a grunt in the [company, office, factory]
- UK: the [range, degree, amount] of grunt (on the car)
- grunt and groan
- grunted [softly, noisily, rudely]
- grunted with [satisfaction, relief]
- grunted in [satisfaction]
- grunted (something) at her
- grunted [in, his] agreement
- was grunting like a pig
- a grunt worker
'grunt' also found in these entries: