WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grumpyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am in a grumpy mood
- am grumpy about [having, being]
- can be grumpy at times
- gets grumpy when [you mention, he has to, he can't]
- is always so grumpy!
- never seen her so grumpy!
- Why are you so grumpy (today)?
- stop being so grumpy!
- you're very grumpy [this morning, today]
- sorry, I'm a little grumpy today
- a grumpy old [man, woman]
- a grumpy [parent, teacher, security guard, gateman]
- grumpy and [tired, irritable, miserable]
- am (feeling) [tired] and grumpy
- [it] made me so grumpy
- UK, slang: is (being) a bit of [a, an old] grumpy guts
- with grumpy face
- in a grumpy (tone of) voice
'grumpy' also found in these entries: