WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grumbleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [can't, shouldn't, don't] grumble
- the [staff, employees, students] are grumbling
- grumble at [work, school, home]
- grumble about the [lack of supplies, service, weather]
- grumble about having to [wake up early, go to school]
- grumble and groan (about, at)
- grumbling to himself (about, at)
- was a grumble in the [crowd, audience]
- heard a grumble come from the [crowd]
- a grumble of [disapproval, thunder]
- a grumble in my stomach
- what was that grumble?
- did that grumble come from [you, your stomach]?
- don't have any grumbles [about, against, over]
'grumble' also found in these entries: