WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grudgeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [holds, has, bears] a grudge
- has always [held] a grudge (over, against)
- really knows how to hold a grudge!
- can really hold a grudge!
- how long are you going to hold this grudge?
- has held a grudge her entire life
- made his grudge [visible, clear]
- holds a grudge against her [former employer, rival candidate]
- a [personal, professional] grudge
- grudge [the loss, an inch, the expense]
- grudge his [good fortune, indulgence, absence, luck]
- grude him his [good fortune]
- grudge him for his [success, achievements, ability]
- [don't, would] grudge her for not [understanding, coming, wanting]
- grudge [every, all, every single]
- grudge every [minute, moment, time]
- a grudge match between
'grudge' also found in these entries: