WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grubⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- you little grub!
- has a diet that consists of grubs
- looking for grubs in the [tree, ground, soil]
- the [food, garbage, trunk, wood] was full of grubs
- the [food] was covered in grubs
- there were grubs all over the [food]
- grubs eating the [leaves, plants, food]
- slang: am going to get some grub from the [fridge, cupboard]
- slang: serves [tasty, delicious, nice] grub
- slang: [excellent, great, good] pub-grub
- slang: grub's up, [folks, everybody]!
- grub for [worms, insects]
- [they, politicians, corporations] are grubbing for [votes, power]
- grubbing for [money, food]
- (having to) grub for it
- grubbing a living [by, from]
- have a grub [problem, infestation]
'grub' also found in these entries: