WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grinⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- gave her a [big, smug, shy, telling, cute, broad] grin
- a [toothless, crooked, lopsided] grin
- a [mischievous, sheepish, malicious] grin
- I'll wipe that grin of your face!
- get that grin off your face!
- had a grin from ear to ear
- shot him a grin
- couldn't hide her grin
- a grin of [triumph, satisfaction, appreciation]
- his face [burst, broke] into a grin
- had a grin of pain on his face
- gave him a grin and a [wink, nod]
- had a cheesy grin in the photo
- always has an evil grin (on his face)
- grinned (back) at me
- grinned [wickedly, broadly, sheepishly]
- grinned and nodded
- was grinning from ear to ear
- grin and bear it
- stood there grinning like an idiot
'grin' also found in these entries: