WordReference English Collocations © 2020
grimⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the situation [looks, appears] (to be) grim
- Why are you so grim (today)?
- Why do you look so grim (today)?
- things (do) seem pretty grim (lately)
- that's [so, really] grim!
- time to face the grim reality (that)
- was a grim reminder (that)
- that is grim news (indeed)
- [predict, forecast] a grim outlook for
- the outlook is grim for [investors, banks, manufacturers]
- with grim determination
- had a grim [face, expression]
- a grim [crime, murder, mystery, joke]
- the Grim Reaper
'grim' also found in these entries: