WordReference English Collocations © 2020
gravyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [biscuits, mashed potatoes] and gravy
- [thick, smooth, lumpy] gravy
- a recipe for gravy
- pour gravy [on, over]
- make gravy [for, to go with] (the beef)
- homemade gravy
- my [mom] makes the best gravy
- my [mom's] gravy is the best
- I miss my mom's gravy
- can you pass the gravy?
- is there any more gravy?
- [soaked, covered] in gravy
- spilled gravy over her [top, blouse]
'gravy' also found in these entries: