- Inflections of 'graduate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
graduate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- is a [high school, college] graduate
- a [law, history, biology] graduate
- [recent, new] graduates
- is a [Harvard] graduate
- is a graduate of [Harvard]
- [hiring, looking for] graduates
- the [cream, best] of the graduates
- a graduate [student, qualification, education, school, program]
- graduate [studies, courses, programs]
- graduate-level [education, course]
- graduate [recruitment, research, headhunting, jobs, opportunities]
- a graduate [careers, recruitment] fair
- graduate or [higher, professional, equivalent] (level)
- a [post, under] -graduate [student]
- graduate from [high school, college]
- graduated in [December, 2015]
- graduate with [honors, recognition, distinction]
- graduate with a degree in [physics, literature]
- graduated at [Harvard, MIT]
- graduate to [the next level, the big leagues, a full time position]
- [attended, passed] and graduated
- [just, recently, never] graduated
- the [school, university, academy] graduates scholars
'graduate' also found in these entries: