WordReference English Collocations © 2020
girlfriendⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- my [former, current, previous, longtime, new] girlfriend
- a [thoughtful, considerate, kind, thoughtless] girlfriend
- a [potential, possible] girlfriend (for him)
- would [make, be] a good girlfriend
- they are boyfriend and girlfriend
- have never had a girlfriend before
- is her first girlfriend
- met his girlfriend at the [bar, party, conference]
- proposed to his girlfriend (on vacation)
- [married, wed] his longtime girlfriend
- have you got a girlfriend?
- have you met his new girlfriend (yet)?
- brought his girlfriend home for [Christmas, Thanksgiving, the holidays]
- went to meet his girlfriend's parents
- introduced me to his girlfriend
- his girlfriend asked him to marry her
- asked to be his girlfriend
- has been dating his girlfriend [for 3 years, since June]
- [broke, split] up with her girlfriend
- got dumped by his girlfriend
- girlfriend, you're [looking good, in trouble]!
- is good girlfriend material
'girlfriend' also found in these entries:
SOB - Swedish - approve - babe - boyfriend - cheat - chuck - clingy - compatible - crib - cuddle - daisy - dedicate - dedication - ditch - dump - farewell - french - gorgeous - grope - hit - jealous - kinky - miss - movie - murder - nail - orgasm - passionate - pork - prostitute - romance - romantic - run - rush - sex - side - snuggle - steady - tease - tow - virgin - whore - wine and dine