WordReference English Collocations © 2020
gasⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- need to stop for gas (soon)
- am almost out of gas
- [premium, basic] gas
- need to fill up on gas
- [high, low] -octane gas
- what is the price of gas?
- the price of gas has gone [up, down]
- gas is [$2.50] per gallon
- [forgot, need] to get gas before we [go, leave]
- works at the garage pumping gas
- a hybrid (engine) of gas and electric
- give it some gas!
- step on the gas!
- put your foot on the gas!
- is powered by gas
- runs on gas
- are [drilling, exploring] for gas
- the [building, house] is heated by natural gas
- air polluted by [toxic, noxious] gases
- [huge, vast, giant] clouds of gas
- need to [stop at, find] a gas station
- the gas pump
- the gas tank is [full, on empty]
- [a full, an empty] gas tank
- gas (and oil) prices
- gets [good, poor] gas mileage
- the gas pedal
- a gas lawnmower
- [huge, vast, giant] gas clouds
- the [national, regional] gas supplier
- [buy, deliver] gas canisters
- gassed out during the [marathon, race]
- gassed out at [work, school]
- gassed himself in his [car, garage]
- gassed them to death
- was gassed with carbon monoxide
- UK: stop gassing about it!
- is gas powered
'gas' also found in these entries:
allowance - appliance - baffle - barbecue - bill - bleed - boiler - canister - cap - car - consume - consumer - consumption - container - conversion - cooker - demand - dependent - deplete - diversion - duct - ease - empty - exhaust - expel - expenditure - explode - exploitation - feather - filter - fireplace - firing - floor - form - foul - funnel - furnace - gas up - give - greenhouse - grid - grill - guide - harmful - heat - heater - heating - immerse - induction - install