WordReference English Collocations © 2020
garbageⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- did you take out the garbage?
- empty (out) the garbage
- take the garbage to the curb
- the city picks up garbage on [Mondays]
- picking through the garbage for [bottles, food]
- the garbage is full
- can you [empty, take out] the garbage?
- the [house, garage] is full of garbage
- there is so much garbage in here I cannot even move
- need to clean out some of this garbage
- was [looking, sifting, rummaging] through the garbage
- the [stench, stink] of the (rotting) garbage
- vast [mounds, heaps] of garbage
- informal: this [class, show] is garbage!
- informal: am garbage at [basketball, math]
- informal: you're talking [total, complete] garbage!
- informal: nothing but garbage on TV!
- a garbage [bin, bag, can]
- put [it] down the garbage disposal
- garbage pickup day
- works as a garbage man
- a garbage truck
- take [it] to the garbage dump
- garbage [collection, removal]
- need to buy more garbage bags
'garbage' also found in these entries: