WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fussyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a fussy eater
- is fussy with his [food, accommodation]
- is fussy about the [men] she dates
- is fussy about the [decoration, layout, colors]
- fussy about [where she stays, what he eats]
- has fussy [kids, children]
- was fussy as a child
- don't be so fussy!
- are being too fussy!
- you can't be too fussy!
- the baby was fussy (last night)
- is a very fussy baby
- fussy and [irritable, particular, hard to please]
- is a fussy [program, gadget, device]
- the [program] can be fussy
- am [struggling, fighting] with this fussy [program]
- the [interior, design, layout] is too fussy
'fussy' also found in these entries: