WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fussⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- why are you making such a fuss?
- what are you making such a fuss about?
- what is all the fuss about?
- what is all this fuss for?
- is always making a fuss about
- are making a fuss about nothing
- kicked up a fuss [over, about] nothing
- made a fuss about her [wedding, birthday]
- made a fuss over a minor [accident, incident]
- made a fuss over [washing the dishes, paying the bill]
- the [baby, child, student] is making a fuss
- am tired of the fuss of [traveling, commuting]
- want you to make a fuss over me
- I didn't need (quite) so much fuss!
- this is too much fuss for me!
- is going to make a fuss when he [hears, finds out]
- only if it isn't too much fuss
- I don't want to cause a fuss, but
- with minimal fuss
- fussing over [her hair, the project, his work]
- stop fussing!
- don't fuss!
- is always fussing
- is fussing all the time
- [she, her mother] was fussing over him
- fussing with your [hair, seatbelt, shirt]
- go to sleep without fussing
- the [baby, child] fusses and frets
'fuss' also found in these entries: