WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fragileⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a fragile [vase, sculpture]
- the [vase] is fragile
- careful, it's fragile!
- the [box, crate] is marked (as) "fragile"
- handle the fragile [box] carefully
- too fragile to [hold, withstand]
- fragile and [vulnerable, delicate]
- fragile and easily broken
- handle fragile goods [with care, sensibly]
- has (a) fragile self-esteem
- feeling fragile after the [loss, divorce, news]
- [can be, tends to get] fragile about
- has a fragile [grasp, grip] on reality
- secured a fragile peace (in)
- a fragile [environment, ecosystem]
- a fragile [peace, truce, ceasefire]
- broke an already fragile [peace]
- a fragile balance of
- has a fragile nature
- love is fragile
'fragile' also found in these entries: