WordReference English Collocations © 2020
folkⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [common, town] folk
- are just everyday folk
- do not associate with that [type, kind] of folk
- what kind of folk will be [there, at the part]?
- now this is my kind of folk!
- the [town] folk are [friendly, hostile, cautious, hospitable]
- [friendly] town folk
- informal: my [wife's, husband's, partner's] folks
- informal: my folks won't let me [stay, go]
- informal: (going over to) my folks' [house, apartment, place]
- listen to folk music
- [contemporary, American] folk music
- is in a folk band
- a folk art festival
- go to a folk [festival, concert]
'folk' also found in these entries: