WordReference English Collocations © 2020
foeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- are you friend or foe?
- determine if [someone] is friend or foe
- is a foe of [the United States]
- is [France's] foe
- a foe of [slavery, abortion]
- a [political, chess] foe
- [defeat, kill, slay] your foe in battle
- was their foe in the [war, conflict, battle]
- a [respected, feared, bitter] foe
- are [longtime, long-standing] foes
- have historically been foes
- can make a foe out of anyone
- is a [deadly, dangerous] foe
- a [hidden, unseen, unexpected] foe
- is his longtime foe
- are ancient foes
- you are a worthy foe!
- [jealousy, selfishness, sloth, smoking] is the foe of health
- a [defeated, fallen] foe
'foe' also found in these entries: