WordReference English Collocations © 2020
flatmateⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- UK: looking for a flatmate
- UK: a flatmate to share a house
- UK: looking for [two] flatmates
- UK: our flatmate just moved out
- UK: our new flatmate is moving in [today]
- UK: my flatmate [ate my yogurt, used my shampoo]!
- UK: my flatmates help with (the cooking)
- UK: an ad for a flatmate
- UK: flatmate wanted
- UK: live with [two] (other) flatmates
- UK: need a flatmate to [share, split] the rent
- UK: my old flatmate from college
- UK: a [male, female, nonsmoking] flatmate