WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fiendⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a [drug, cocaine, heroin, crack] fiend
- [has, needs] to face his [drug] fiend
- [banish, ward off, beat] your fiend
- prepared to [battle, fight] her fiends
- informal: is a fiend of [chess, programming, languages]!
- informal: is a [football, fashion, chocolate, sex, video game] fiend
- UK, informal: [don't be, you're] such a fiend!
- UK, informal: how could you be such a fiend?
- informal: those [kids, children, students] are little fiends!
- UK, informal: Britain's most [wanted, evil] sex fiend