WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fatⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a fat [man, person, child, boy, player, chef, dog]
- that [man] is so fat!
- is the fattest [person] I have ever seen
- [very, hugely, enormously] fat
- [get, grow, become] fat
- have you gotten fatter?
- fat from (all) the [cake, junk food, dessert]
- fat from not [exercising, playing, running, dieting]
- [grew, became] fat on [success, the profits, hamburgers]
- has fat [lips, hips, ankles]
- vulgar: don't be a fat [cow, pig]!
- vulgar, slang, UK: [sitting on, get off] your (big) fat arse and [help me, do something]
- vulgar, slang: has a (big) fat ass
- sexually explicit: a fat [ass, cock, dick]
- a (big) fat [wad, pile, sheaf] of bills
- fat chance (of that)!
- a fat lot they care!
- big fat deal!
- a fat [job, position, deal]
- a fat [larder, pantry, fridge, meal]
- these are my fat [pants, clothes]
- [meat, animal, pork, vegetable] fat
- [saturated, unsaturated] fat
- [hydrogenated, trans, unhealthy, healthy] fats
- burn off fat
- burn fat off
- need to [burn, lose] some fat
- am trying to [burn] fat
- have fat around my [waist, arms]
- [rolls, layers] of fat (around his waist)
- [five pounds] of fat
- fat and [cholesterol, protein, carbs]
- is [low, high, rich] in fat
- there is a lot of fat in this [meal, burger]
- am trying to eat less fat
- am trying to cut back on fat
- sat around chewing the fat (with)
- [live off, enjoy] the fat of the land
- fat [cells, molecules]
- fat [levels, consumption, intake, content]
- a [low, high] -fat option
- a [low] -fat diet
- eat low fat
- archaic: they fatted the [calf, goose]
'fat' also found in these entries:
arse - ass - belly - body - bottom - brown - bulk - burn - burning - chance - chew - chip - clog - crumble - cuddly - custard - deep - diet - do - excess - exercise - external - food - free - gut - hag - intake - land - lean - liar - lie - low - man - milk - pig - puppy - pussy - regime - render - restrict - roll - running - scrape - skim - skinny - sow - steer - stomach - swine - system