WordReference English Collocations © 2020
fartⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- slang: a [stinky, lingering, silent, violent] fart
- slang: let out a [stinky] fart
- slang: let a [stinky] fart rip
- slang: [struggled, tried] to hold the fart in
- slang: couldn't hold in the fart
- slang: sorry, the fart just came out!
- slang: tried to [light, set fire] to his fart
- slang: a [noise, sound] like a fart
- offensive, slang: he's a [dull, boring] old fart!
- offensive, slang: a boring fart [on TV, presenting the show]
- fart [loudly, in public]
- who just farted?
- farted [just as, during, in the middle of, when]
- fart around with the [car, broken toaster]
- informal: fart [cushions, machines, noises, jokes]
- informal: sat on a fart cushion
- informal: stop making fart noises!
'fart' also found in these entries: