WordReference English Collocations © 2020
falseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- don't give him false hope
- lulled (me) into a false sense of security
- a true-or-false [exam, portion, question]
- True or false?
- the (correct) answer is false
- gave a false [account, statement, description] (of)
- the test [gave, yielded] a false positive
- gives a (completely) false impression (of)
- my [first, initial] impression (of him) was false
- was just a false alarm!
- was a false witness
- bear false witness against
- a false identity
- false information about
- false claims of [abuse, domestic violence]
- submit a false claim in court
- gave a false statement to the [police, authorities]
- arresting for having a false [license, passport]
- false friends in English
- religion: false [gods, prophets]
'false' also found in these entries:
appear - appearance - arrest - assertion - assumption - astray - claim - clue - conclusion - deceive - dust - evidence - honesty - hope - lull - lure - mislead - positive - premise - profession - prove - quiz - scare - security - sense - signature - smile - spoof - start - style - supposedly - swiftly - true - vowel