WordReference English Collocations © 2020
extraordinary ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is an extraordinary [woman, doctor, teacher, artist]
- is extraordinary in her ability to
- it is extraordinary to me that
- only under extraordinary circumstances
- (but) these are extraordinary circumstances!
- had an extraordinary time [with you, on vacation]
- [lived, had] an extraordinary life
- [achieved, obtained] extraordinary results
- [her courage, his determination] is extraordinary
- that is extraordinary!
- that is an extraordinary [skill, talent]
- what an extraordinary story!
- was an extraordinary [goal, performance, comeback, game]!
- I just [saw, heard] the most extraordinary thing!
- that is the most extraordinary thing I have ever [seen]
- something extraordinary has just happened!
- the most extraordinary thing just happened to me (today)!
- extraordinary things (can) happen when
- went to extraordinary lengths [to, in order to]
- [took, implemented, enforced] extraordinary measures
- (the board) [held, had] an extraordinary meeting
- an extraordinary [amount, number] of
- an extraordinary [turn, series, sequence] of events
- an act of extraordinary [kindness, heroism, sacrifice]
- a man of extraordinary [courage, bravery, talents]
- is extraordinary, to say the least
'extraordinary' also found in these entries: