WordReference English Collocations © 2020
exampleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a [prime, classic, great] example of
- is the perfect example (of)
- sets a [poor, good] example (for her)
- set an example for [other, fellow] students
- lead by example
- follow his example
- let this serve as an example (to you)
- made an example of the [offender, student, wrongdoer]
- can I see the example (again)?
- can you give me [an, another] example?
- what is one example?
- see the example [above, on page 5]
- let's take, for example
- let's take [it] as an example
- an example to [show, illustrate]
- an example of what (not) to do
- an example of [what, when, where, why, how]
- an example of good [practice, teamwork, manners]
- an example of bad [customer service, grammar]
- examples (and exercises) to practice
'example' also found in these entries:
accomplished - action - another - apparently - blatant - breathing - cite - clear - consider - contemporary - context - cunning - curious - disgusting - double - early - excellent - exquisite - extreme - fabulous - familiar - famous - fine - follow - give - illustrate - indeed - infamous - just - lead - learn - living - magnificent - man - merely - modern - notable - notorious - particular - perfect - prime - proper - punish - rare - remain - representative - restrict - sadly - shining - solely