WordReference English Collocations © 2020
exactⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- What is the exact [amount, total]?
- What is your exact location?
- is the exact [location, place] where
- the exact [distance, costs, rate, price]
- the exact opposite [result, outcome] (as expected)
- is going in the exact opposite direction
- What were his exact words?
- What was his exact reason?
- I have the exact same [problem, shirt]!
- I said the exact same thing!
- at the exact same [time, moment]
- has the exact opposite meaning
- is the exact right [size, shape] (for)
- was an exact match
- it isn't an exact science
- follow the exact [specifications, procedures]
- give me the exact details
- gave an exact [description, account] of
- [run, make] an exact search for
- doesn't [have, need] to be the exact [amount, figure]
- doesn't [have] to be exact
- I need you to be exact (about)
- please be exact with your [answer, numbers]
- exact a [heavy, high, considerable] price
- exact [revenge, punishment] for
- a [plan, plot] to exact [revenge]
- exact a toll [on, for, to]
- exact respect from (your) [children, peers, students, coworkers]
- exacted by [parents, the government, peers]
- exacted in [exchange, virtue, return]
'exact' also found in these entries: