WordReference English Collocations © 2020
eventuallyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- eventually, it stopped [raining, snowing]
- the [rain] eventually stopped
- the [rain] stopped, eventually
- eventually, we [got to, arrived at] the [hotel, office]
- we eventually [got to] the [hotel]
- we [got to] the [hotel] eventually
- eventually I came to realize
- (it) eventually [led to, resulted in, caused]
- was eventually [elected, chosen, wounded]
- was [elected] eventually
- eventually [won, stopped, crashed]
- [won] eventually
- will [get to, do, finish] (it) eventually!
'eventually' also found in these entries: