WordReference English Collocations © 2020
eveⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- on [Christmas, New Year's, Passover, Diwali] Eve
- on the eve of [Christmas]
- what are you doing this [Christmas] Eve?
- our family [gathers, gets together] on [Christmas] Eve
- were [gathered] for [Christmas] Eve
- on the eve of the [big day, celebration, execution, ceremony, event]
- the eve of the [Industrial, American, French] Revolution
- on the eve of her [departure, arrival, marriage]
- New Year's Eve [parties, celebrations, fireworks]
- a Christmas Eve [dinner, feast, party]
'eve' also found in these entries: