- Inflections of 'envelop' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
envelop ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [clouds, fog] enveloped the [plane, town, house]
- the [plane] was enveloped by [fog]
- enveloped (her) [completely, entirely]
- enveloped him in [her arms, a blanket, a cloak]
- arms enveloped him in [a hug, an embrace]