WordReference English Collocations © 2020
enthusiasmⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [crowd's, audience's, student's] enthusiasm
- curbed their enthusiasm
- wasn't showing [much, any] enthusiasm
- showed a lot of enthusiasm [yesterday, in the game]
- has a lot of enthusiasm for [learning, improving]
- has a lot of enthusiasm to [make, get, learn, help]
- doesn't have the enthusiasm [required, needed] for
- enthusiasm and [commitment, energy, support, dedication]
- demonstrated a lot of enthusiasm
- her enthusiasm was [contagious, infectious]
- his [contagious] enthusiasm
- enthusiasm among [students, workers]
- enthusiasm about the [election, team]
- I like your enthusiasm!
- you could show a bit more enthusiasm!
- saw a lot of enthusiasm in him
- [nurture, encourage] her enthusiasm
- try to [rouse, increase] enthusiasm (among the students)
'enthusiasm' also found in these entries: