WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dummyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [store, window, display, crash-test, waxwork] dummy
- crash-test dummies in car [plants, manufacturing]
- a dummy for [biology, first-aid, safety] classes
- practice [first-aid, CPR] on a dummy
- the [sweater, dress, pants] on the store dummy
- a ventriloquist's dummy
- a ventriloquist with her dummy
- a dummy when it comes to [gardening, home improvement]
- [programming, gardening, carpentry, electricity] for dummies
- don't be a dummy, [get over here, get going]!
- just [sat, stood] there like a dummy
- don't be such a dummy!
- [say, do] something, you dummy!
- some dummy [mixed up the bookings, broke the glass]
- UK: the child still uses a dummy
- UK: was sucking on her dummy
- UK: put a dummy in [her, the baby's] mouth
- it's just a dummy for [display, the store]
- a dummy [prop, bomb, bullet]
- a dummy [company, organization, entity]
- a dummy [run, rehearsal, performance, argument]
- UK: a dummy [free kick, penalty, pass]
- is (just) playing dummy