WordReference English Collocations © 2020
drinkⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- drink [water, soda, tea, alcohol]
- drink up!
- drink (up) your [milk, juice]
- drink from a [glass, cup, tumbler, mug, goblet]
- drink out of a [glass]
- drink to [our success, your achievements]
- drink (to) your (good) health
- drank a toast (to)
- (don't) drink and drive
- he doesn't drink
- drank too much (last night)
- always drinks too much
- drank [five] [beers, glasses of wine]
- (go out) drinking with (your) [friends, coworkers]
- drink yourself into [a stupor, an early grave]
- too young to drink
- should drink [more, less] [water, beer, soda]
- drink through a straw
- drink in the (stunning) [landscape, scenery]
- [alcoholic, non-alcoholic, soft] drinks
- a [refreshing, cold] drink of water
- [an isotonic, an energy, a fitness] drink
- [learn, know how] to mix drinks
- can I [buy, make] you a drink?
- let's have a drink (together)
- let's (go) [get, grab] a drink
- let me grab a quick drink (of water)
- get a drink after work
- get a drink for happy hour
- need a (stiff) drink after that
- a (stiff) drink to take the edge off
- have the drinks at the [bar, table]
- [gulped down, polished off, downed] his drink
- a drink with [friends, co workers]
- [rum, gin, vodka] is my drink of choice
- [rum] is my favorite drink
- a drink to your [success, health, achievement]
- hold on, I need (to get) a drink (first)
- can I have a drink of your [beer, water]?
- what [will you have, would you like] for a drink?
- what's your drink?
- (serves) food and drink
- [wines, spirits, beer] and soft drinks
- drink [glasses, recipes]
'drink' also found in these entries:
Irish - abandon - able - armchair - attendee - awake - away - balcony - bar - beet - bitter - blackberry - bland - bloody - bottle - bubble - café - calm - canteen - carrot - carton - cheeky - chilled - choose - classmate - classy - coconut - coffee - colleague - color - complimentary - container - cool - cow - crave - creek - crisp - cup - dangerous - dear - desperate - disposition - doctor - double - down - drain - drive - driving - drug - eat