WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dreamⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [strange, nice, bad, scary, sex, wet] dream
- a [recurrent, lucid] dream
- had a vivid dream (about)
- had a dream about you (last night)
- dreamed a [strange] dream (about)
- had a dream in [Spanish]
- just had the [strangest, oddest] dream
- hardly ever dream
- interpret a dream
- what do you think the dream meant?
- what did the dream mean?
- [is, living] the American dream
- is only a pipe dream
- is an impossible dream
- it is his dream to [become, go, be]
- has the dream of [becoming]
- fulfill a [childhood, lifelong] dream
- not (even) in your wildest dreams!
- [it, the answer, the idea] came to me in a dream
- [walking, wandering, gazing] around in a dream
- thought they were living the dream
- (this car) is a dream to [handle, drive, ride]
- is my dream [home, car, vacation]
- dream about [her, the war, an event]
- dream at night
- dreaming during [class, work]
- she dreamed that
- dream of [becoming, having, seeing]
- dream of a better [life, world, job]
- wouldn't dream of [leaving, going, doing]
- I wouldn't dream of it!
- dream up a new [idea, concept, theory]
- stop dreaming (and start studying)!
- dream on!
'dream' also found in these entries:
American - awake - career - chilling - companion - crazy - dare - death - deprive - elusive - embodiment - factory - fulfill - fulfillment - guide - homeland - impossible - interpretation - interpreter - made - move - nourish - pipe - pursue - real - reality - realization - rob - scheme - snap - sought - theatre - vivid - wake - wealthy