- Inflections of 'dot' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dot ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [black, white, blue, red] dots
- have an ink dot on your [shirt, pants]
- have a dot of ink on your [shirt]
- a [drawing, dress, surface] with dots
- need to [be, get] there at [five] on the dot
- [arrived, came, turned up] at [seven] on the dot
- forgot the dot [on, above] the letter
- [add, melt, fry] a dot of butter
- connect the dots
- UK: [happened, started] in the year dot
- [raindrops, mud, coffee] dotted her shirt
- dotted the [window, leaf, pond]
- dotted with [raindrops]
- [trees, church spires, chimneys] dotted the landscape
- the [landscape, valley] was dotted with [trees]
- dot your i's and cross your t's
- dot [butter, cinnamon, herbs] on
- dot the [top, surface, pie] with [butter]
'dot' also found in these entries: